As per reports, Samsung has launched its latest Smartphone – the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus, which is a new variant of Samsung’s Galaxy Grand Neo, at a price of Rs 11,700 in India.
The above report is based on information provided by an established retailer from Mumbai, who reported that the Smartphone is in stock. Samsung however has made no official announcement or listings in India, yet, though the Smartphone has gone up for sale in Italy.
According to the listings provided by the retailer, the basic specifications which Samsung has endowed its latest resident with, are:
- A 5-inch WVGA display screen having resolution of 480×800 pixels
- Runs on Android 4.4 KitKat (out-of-the-box) OS
- Powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Processor
- Supported by a 1GB RAM
- Primary camera: 5MP with LED flash
- Secondary camera: 2MP
- Internal storage of 8GB, expandable up to 64GB
- Packs in a 2100mAh battery
- Connectivity options: Wi-Fi, 3G, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/ A-GPS
The handset weighs about 160 grams but the chipset and GPU to be used by Samsung for the Grand Neo Plus is still not specified. For now, Samsung’s official announcement of its new handset is awaited with anticipation.
Samsung started its new year by launching its first Tizen-based Smartphone, the Samsung Z1 in India, at a price of Rs 5,700. It features a 4-inch screen and is powered by a 1.2GHZ dual-core processor and 768MB of RAM. The device runs on Tizen 2.3 and packs in a 3.1MP rear and 0.3MP front camera with a 1500mAh battery. It is for now being available in three colours – Black, White and Wine Red.